Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sharks Choke Again

It's almost an annual ritual. The San Jose Sharks, consistently one of the best teams all year long (and this year's President's Trophy winner), have now lost yet another first-round series. I had them going all the way, under the belief that Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau would stop disappearing in the playoffs and Nabokov would carry them.

I was wrong. It must really hurt to be a Sharks fan, but the best line I heard all weekend was the following from a Sharks poster on a message board:

"I want Joe Thornton to be a pall-bearer at my funeral, so he can let me down one last time."

You have to love playoff hockey, where an 8 seed can upset the best team in the NHL any given season. Tomorrow night the Caps will look to complete their comeback from down 3-1 in the series versus the Rangers. I will be there at Verizon Center to cheer them on, hoping that this year's game seven does not end up like last year's game seven: with Caps fans heartbroken.

No comments: